Thursday, May 24, 2012

Family Talent

I haven't posted much about my background, but I am from a very talented family.  I, being the least talented, in my opinion.  :)  My sister, Ann, is an amazing visual artist, sister, Sarah, is a gifted photographer, sister, Judy, is awesome quilter.  All this stems from our Mother who dabbled in arts and crafts her entire life.  Then, when you get to my children, nieces and nephews, the talent is astonishing!  Today, I would like to share with you the artwork of my niece, Jenny Delgado.  Jenny works with colored pencils. She has mastered the art of creating charming portraits!  

Below are images of some of her pieces:



Finished portrait with photograph reference.




And, she also has a series of "doodles" that are so whimsical and fun!




Besides being a talented artist, Jenny is an art teacher in Arkansas.

Jenny's talents continue to astound me!  Check out her blog, Spatial Artist, where she shows you step-by-step her method of creating these beautiful portraits.

Thanks Jenny, you make an Aunt proud!!



2 comments:

CLD said...

Wow....Jenny's artwork is just amazing. Colored pencils...and self taught. I just peeked at her wonderful blog..she is so talented!

Jenny Ann ARtist said...

Awe thx ;)) I am really hoping & working on gettin more commissions & doing some gallery showings soon!