Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Couple's Shower


This past weekend, I co-hosted a shower at my house for a darling, young couple who are getting married in November.  I also helped a young friend that I worked with at The Cloverleaf set up and decorate her reception the previous weekend.  That is why I have not posted in a while.  So, I would love to show you what I HAVE been doing!

The above piece I created to hang in my foyer as you entered the party.  I used my collection of old laces, trims and vintage jewelry.  I have also been working on more of these for The Glitter Market coming up October 27.

Let the party begin:

It all started with the invitation.

 Todd and Fransen

I used some of my vintage, wedding toppers for the entry.  
So fun to get to actually use them!





 In my kitchen, I have an old school chalkboard.  
We used this to let the guests write their congratulation wishes.

Centerpiece for food table.  
Old tarnished silver stacked on old, tiny bibles.
A mixture of roses, hydrangeas, mums for a "just picked" look.


In the living room I used all natural elements I found outside 
(except for the glittered birds) for a floral arrangement.
Sticks, hydrangeas from my backyard and one of my found, bird's nests.  
Inside the nest, I spelled out the word "love" with my scrabble letters.

Fransen and myself

It was so much fun preparing and hosting this shower for such a lovely, couple!
Best Wishes!!

PS:  Thank you, Jamie, for all your help and the wonderfully, delicious food!

PSS:  I am back to work on some new artwork for 
The Glitter Market!


No comments: