Saturday, June 29, 2013

Flower Prep

Today I have been prepping for my upcoming Coffee Filter Flower Class at Paper Crown.  I'm going to need A LOT of coffee filters!  So, I took it outside and started the dying process.  Since it would be impossible for the class to dye their own filters and make the flowers in one class, I am doing this step at home.  Below are instructions on my dying process:


First, use any acrylic paint and water it down.  I used hot water, it seemed to help the 
paint mix with the water better.


 Take several filters at a time and dip into the paint mixture.

Dip the wet tips of the filters into a thicker, brown paint mixture. 

Lay filters out to dry.

To get the brown specks and spots, I put instant coffee into a 
salt shaker and applied while the filters were wet.

Once dry, peel apart and start the process over until you 
get the desired color and effect you want.
-------------*-----------

And Wallah!  The first batch!




Unfortunately, I had to stop because it got TOO HOT outside!
But, it is amazing how quickly the filters dried!
Back to it tomorrow.

{Special thanks to Hobby Lobby and Starbucks.  :) }

Disclaimer:  These instructions are just my way of dying coffee filters.
I came up with it through many trials and errors.  I hope it works for you!


2 comments:

Medeah said...

What a fun way to spend a Saturday!

Linda L. Land said...

It was FUN! :)