Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vintage Treasures

I have been collecting vintage Christmas ornaments since my friend, Cherry, and I had our antique booth. I'm sure some of you remember our darling, little "Cherryland" booth at The Antique Co-Op on May Avenue. haha We even expanded to a second booth at The Colonies Antique Market on 51st St. & N. Western. That all ended when Cherry moved to Texas approximately 8 years ago. ANYWAY, even though I didn't have the booths anymore, I was still collecting ornaments. (It kills me to think of how many I sold!)

I usually hang all my ornaments on my tree, with loads of vintage beaded garland and icicles. But, this year, I picked out my favorites and displayed them in glass containers. I love being able to see them all with their beautiful colors and little details.


(These are displayed on a heart shaped candle holder)

My tree this year is covered in white, glittered snowflakes and white twinkly lights...that's all.

And I really love it!

3 comments:

Holly Abston said...

Oh Linda, I remember the Cherryland booth at the co-op! Loved it, and bought stuff from it! Merry Christmas.

curlyqmosaics said...

Wow Linda! Those ornaments are truly gorgeous! Love all the bright colors! They look so delicate, definitely to treasure dearly!

jackie said...

I love all your ornaments! Awesome. I wish they still made them as beautiful as they use to.