Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Art in NYC

We had a wonderful day at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)! We started at the top and worked our way down, stopping for lunch at the Museum Cafe. The first Exhibit was Cindy Sherman's photographs. At first, I was "not sure" about them, but as I read about her and her portraits I was incredibly impressed!

I took an Art Appreciation class in college at The University of Arkansas at Little Rock by Professor/Artist Al Allen, and it changed my life regarding art. He focused on the Fauvism Era and I was immediately in love. We studied five of the Fauvist artists: Van Gogh, Matisse, Gauguin, Renoir and Picasso. Henri Matisse was my instant favorite, his colors and patterns blew my little Arkansas mind away! haha To get to view some of these pieces was very exciting!

Paul Gauguin

Vincent Van Gogh
Vincent Van Gogh

Henri Matisse

And, then there were The Water Lillies! Breathtaking!
Claude Monet
And, Jackson Pollock!
And, Keith Haring!

And, finally, here I am studying Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe.

So serious....haha

If I haven't completely bored you to tears, I will be posting a couple more things tomorrow!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LiNdA...oh wow, it looks as though you had a wonderful adventure! at least i can live vicariously through you! i would love to go to tinsel trading co., but i'm afraid i would never come out. lunch was fun, we need to do it again really soon. franc

Linda L. Land said...

Thanks Franc! It would be really fun to go to Tinsel with you and other art gals...Chip didn't really "get it". haha