Monday, July 16, 2012

Mel McCuddin, Artist


My husband and I just returned from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  We were there on a business trip, but managed to slip in some amazing experiences while we were there.  First, I would like to introduce you to Artist, Mel McCuddin, from Spokane, Washington.  We happened to be there when Coeur d'Alene was having its Art Gallery Walk. Mr. McCuddin was having his opening at The Art Spirit Gallery.  I am so excited that I got to see his work!  I absolutely LOVED it!  And, what a bonus....I actually got to meet him!  Such a kind and interesting man.


 Mel McCuddin, Figurative Expressionist

 Before going to the art opening, I did some research online.  He has a youtube video explaining his artistic process.  It is so inspiring...I encourage you to watch it!  Mel McCuddin YouTube.

Below are just a few of my favorite pieces:


 Loved this sweet dog, the composition of
him being down at the bottom of the painting.
Reminds me of my dog, Gus.

Love the colors and texture of this lonely rower.

Besides just loving the raven subject, 
the intensity of the under-painting showing through is great!

If you are in love with Mr. McCuddin's paintings as much as I am, go to:
The Art Spirit Gallery to see more of his amazing work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you got to meet Mel. His work is just fabulous.